This is a maintenance release that adds support for TFS 2013.
The control pack contains the following work item custom controls:
- MultiValueControl: a ComboBox to accept and show multiple values for a field by showing a list of checkboxes. More details here: MultiValue Control
- ScreenshotControl: a simple control (button) to capture a screenshot as a work item attachment. More details here: Screenshot controls.
- AttachmentsControl: this control cab be used as an alternative to the standard file attachments dialog. More details here: Screenshot controls.
- WebBrowserControl: displays a web browser inside a work item. More details here: Web browser control.
To install the files, download the file maching your TFS version. For TFS 2012 and 2013 the .zip file contains an installer for the Windows controls and a .zip file for the Web Access controls.Windows Controls Installation
Simply run the msi setup and restart Visual Studio. If you haven’t already added the custom control to your Workitem form, see the individual control details on instruction on how to embed it into the work item type definition on the server. Note:
The client controls are not backwards compatible so you will need to install the version for each of the Visual Studio editions you will use.
Alternatively you can download the latest source code and build it. Not that the assembly must be compiled with the corresponding version of TeamFoundation assemblies of the client.
The deployment folder is located at the following location under a default client install: <ApplicationData>\Microsoft\Team Foundation\Work Item Tracking\Custom Controls\<Version>. <Version> is 12 for VS 2013, 11.0 for VS 2012, 10.0 for VS2010 and 9.0 for 2008. The *.wicc files and CodePlex.WitCustomControls.dll must be in the same location (unless you specify absolute path in the wicc). The root Custom Controls folder is the fallback location where all clients look for custom controls if it can't find it in the versioned folder.Web Controls Installation
- Navigate in your browser to the configuration panel for the web extension of TFS: http://servername:8080/tfs/admin/Extensions
- Click on the '+'-sign and upload the CodePlex.WitCustomControls.MultiValueControl<version>.zip-file, make sure to use the .zip file matching you TFS server version.
- Enable the extension.
(Possibly you will also need to clear your browser cache in case you had a previous version installed)